Saturday 22 October 2011

Bubble and Sweets Part 2

So I've done reds I'd like for my wedding, now I'm moving onto whites. So theres a few I'll mention, again some are boutique some are plain ol' bottle shop but all are fabulous.

This first one I found pretty much by accident. My lovely fiancee was looking for a secret Santa present for a work collegue and we went to the bottle shop together. I must say, I only found this brand of wine cos I like pretty pictures.... Baily and Baily has a large selection of red, white, dessert and sparkling wines all with different names and pretty silhouette pictures to match. We ended up getting a few different ones for the secret Santa gift and then tacked on a few for ourselves. 

Baily and Baily Silhouette Moscato Heavens Gate= OH MY GOSH!! This is so lovely. It's really smoothe, refreshing and has a beautiful round flavour that doesn't fade once you've swallowed it. Theres no burn to this wine and is amazing on a hot summer afternoon. 

My second white is a boutique wine from Maleny Mountain Winery at Maleny, Sweet Sunshine *sigh*. Not only does it have a lovely name, it tastes beautiful too. The winery website itself describes the wine as "sweet and soft in texture with a pleasant fruity finish" and it's so true. It is worth the almost 2 hour drive up a mountain (I have a massive phobia of heights....) to get to it. Doesn't hurt that pretty much everything from the place is amazing and theres a cheese factory up the road.... But I would go just to get this wine so I could indulge on a hot day. A total must for sweet lovers.
I'll combine my next two as they both come from the same place. Brown Brothers. I love Brown Brothers wines and they are a staple in my wine collection. They are readily available in all bottle shops and are great prices. So the first is the Moscato. Its the plain 2010 Moscato, they have a few. It has a mild frizzante to it and a sweet sherberty taste. The other Brown Brothers is the Crouchen Riesling. I've drunk this wine for many years and still love it. Its very fruity and crisp and never disappoints. 
           


So they are my choices for sweet whites. They are all great value and go well either on their own or with food. Stock up I say and enjoy *kisses*

No comments:

Post a Comment