Sunday 8 January 2012

The thing about honeymoons....

So since we've gotten engaged pretty much everyone has asked about a prospective date for the I do's. Only one person has asked if we've thought about the honeymoon. Which got me thinking about where I'd like to go. She suggested Tasmania. Which was on the right track as I have always maintained that I wanted my honeymoon to be in Australia. I've always had this bug in my brain that going overseas for your honeymoon was pretentious. Don't ask me why, I just have and I don't mean any offence to anyone who wants to go overseas (I do actually :P) but to me it seemed sill to go to some tropical island overseas when WE LIVE ON ONE! And theres less chance of  horrible things happening to you here.

I also got thinking about it this christmas. My family and I went to Rumba Restort at Caloundra and more amazing place I've never been. It was gorgeous. Ocean views, a spa in our bathroom and an array of restaurants to please any palate just a quick lift ride away, it was a lovely and relaxing time. As well as being only a 20-30 min drive from Montville and Maleny (two of my FAVOURITE places ever). Not that its a list topper as far as a honeymoon destination goes but these days, not alot of people actually get a proper honeymoon. So really, it could be the place if work/money doesn't allow much else. I think it'd be a grand ol' time too.

But given the choice, I would pick either the wine regions in Victoria or South Australia, the countryside or mountains in New South Wales or somewhere tropical in North Queensland. Those are in order of preference by the way, just so I'm clear.

So think on it and let me know where you would like to go or DID go for your honeymoon!

1 comment:

  1. Oooooh! That sounds AMAZING!!! It's totally added to my list!

    ReplyDelete