Saturday 17 September 2011

My Dream....

Ok so I'm moving away from discussing my ring simply because I'd probably throw my laptop into our TV if I have to again think about the sh*t we're going through.

So onto what I actually want in my wedding (even though it's still around 2 years away). When I was young I would dream about my generic wedding to a faceless man. Then as I grew older and discovered that marriage was about loving someone (who woulda thought it) I lost any hope and interest of getting married. As a whole the men I had any involvement with where complete idiots who though more of me as a barbie doll than a person (I have a very similar shape in certain areas) and they usually focussed in one area in particular mostly because there is an abundance of it, err them... But then after 25 odd years, I moved jobs and met a guy... And all the years of claiming I'd never get married vanished like they'd never happened. So to make a long story short (too late) I started to imagine ALL the possibilities of what we could have for our wedding.

Now I, much like my dear friend Miss Maddy (totes have to check out her blog if you havn't already) absolutely love all things vintage. As I've gotten older my everyday style has revolved around the vintage look. I work in an office environment so it's very easy for me to indulge this love. Seamed stockings, suspenders and garters, sky high stiletto pumps, blouses and knit tops, pencil skirts and cardigans all have a prized place in my wardrobe. 
My idol, since I was ten years old, is Marilyn Monroe. I adore her. Jane Russell, Lauren Becall, Jayne Mansfield, Katherine Hepburn just to name a few stand along side Marilyn as the epitome of class, elegance, sexuality and feminine power. These women and their era's of domination, the 40's and 50's are the inspiration for my wedding. I also adore the style of Dita Von Teese and think she is amazing, having been such a huge influence and a key figure in the recent revival of this area of fashion. I have spent hours pouring through websites finding what I want, from my and my bridemaids gowns, to my fiancees suit, to my bouquet, make up and hairstyle. Everything will have a touch of vintage to it. 

That being said, please enjoy a taste of what I've found out there. The following are some examples of the style of wedding (God willing) we will have!














1 comment:

  1. I love love love LOVE the styles you are going for! Can't wait to see more and the end result!!!

    ReplyDelete