Wednesday 14 September 2011

R-Day

Well my ring is due back today. So far we'd heard zip.... Not impressed. We checked last week that everything was on schedule so we didn't waste time going to collect a ring that wasn't there (as that had happened to a colleague of mine recently, different jeweller though). We were told it would be on time and they would make sure to check straight away with their head office to ensure this information was correct. We would receive a return telephone call if there would be a delay. No call has been received. So we're assuming it has arrived. Although as a famous person once said, assumption is the mother of all f*ck ups....
If no call has come by tomorrow a call will be made... And questions asked if our precious cargo ISN'T here. And not nice polite questions either. I've been fairly controlled so far but my patience (which is great, if I do say so myself) is fast evaporating.

Hopefully my next post will contain the good news that I'm typing with a diamond clad finger :D We can all only hope otherwise my whinging might just become unbearable. I'm sure most of my family, friends and work mates are welcoming the return of my ring even more than as as it heralds the dawn of me shutting up about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment